Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

If you need help, post your question here.
To relieve the developers a bit, other user can help here too.
By Thatbants
Hey guys,

Just got a license on here earlier in the day and i'm having quite an issue.

I'm running TS3MusicBot on my Windows Server 2012 VPS, after doing all the config and starting the bot the query will sign in just fine however the TS3 Client seems to close the moment you see it pop open on the screen.

After pressing "Start" and waiting a bit the Online interface boots up and works fine, same with query, in fact, the MusicBot itself joins my Teamspeak server, but mic and audio are disabled. And while I can use the help menus, the Youtube/Radio or any real commands I try to use are met with nothing...eternal silence.

On the web interface yourself you can see the Query light on green while the Client light is red.

Maybe it was your choice to make it auto hide the TS3 client, I don't know, but the window immediately disappears and all that is left is the task in the task manager and a non-interactive TS3 Client icon (can't do absolutely anything with it, can only close via task manager or closing the bot).

Hope you guys can help me with this ASAP! Thanks!
By Crypto90
Posts Custom Custom Avatar
Looks like everything is working expect the client plugin.
Its normal that the client pops up and disappears, because the launcher does hide the client.

Make sure you have installed the two dependencies:
http://download1.ts3musicbot.net/vc_redist_2013.x86.exe -- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013
http://download1.ts3musicbot.net/vc_redist_2015.x86.exe -- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Its important that both of them installed with the x86 version, because we use the x86 (32bit) client on the windows version.

One of them is not installed or not installed correctly, because the TS3MusicBot client does crash because of one is missing -> result is disabled audio on the bot client.
By Thatbants
Hey!

It's working fine today after a VPS restart. I have a different question though, the bot seems to be running quite slow as in when I do things on the interface it takes around 5-7 seconds to perform the action.

Is there any way to improve interface response times? It's the issue I have with the software at the moment!
By Thatbants
We've got a server with a Qemu cpu64-rhel6 clocked at 3.20ghz, 6 cores as well as 3GB of RAM.

We don't have anything loaded onto the server except Teamspeak itself, so I doubt the hardware is at fault :P

We're having some more issues now as well, we can't get simple Youtube music videos to play, not even short 2 minute music videos, just nothing happens. I've also discovered that apparently you guys don't support Youtube Livestream yet? (There's plenty of Youtube "Livestreams" that pump out music like a normal radio station, but we can't get that to work.)

Atm it's not very good :/ the interface is slow and things just don't play properly if at all, has this happened before and is there any specific thing we can do to get it all working?

Thanks!
By Crypto90
rhel6 -- So you are running centos (as the host system)?

Make sure to disable ipv6 if you have it enabled.
Check this with:
Code: Select all
ifconfig
Youtube does not allow ipv6 traffic.

I can check and debug whats wrong on your bot, if this does not help.

Youtube live streams will be supported in the next update which we are currently finishing.
By Crypto90
Another thing to speed things up could be:

Change the nameserver to googles DNS.
Edit:
/etc/resolv.conf
remove all entries and put the following in:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
This should speed up any domain to ip resolve issue.

If your system is still slow, and you say you are using qemu... is the virtualisation support enabled on the host system bios?
If qemu does not have the hardware access, qemu will run 100% complete on cpu, everything will get emulated which slows everything extremely down!
Thats a point to check too.

How is the CPU usage if you play something? Do you get high cpu? If yes its the virtualisation support which is disabled in the host system bios.

Also check the windows DNS settings of the network card.

qemu can be really really slow if it is not correctly set up. qemu needs full access to the hardware trough the bios settings.
If you have no virtualisation support, its normal that qemu is extremely slow.
By Thatbants
Hey, first of all thanks for the assistance!

In the etc folder I don't have a resolv.conf?

When playing songs the CPU isn't really affected, under the 10% line and any given time so that should all be set up properly as well, it doesn't seem to be a hardware bottleneck. I'll still check it out with my server admins regardless, just in case!

My network card is already running the Google DNS settings so that's not it either. I presume the resolv.conf changes could speed it all up, but again, I don't have the conf folder for some reason?
By Thatbants
Just to add to the above:

Accessing Mp3 files that are already in the bots local files are instant, however playing songs from links takes roughly 5 seconds. The server itself runs a 1GBit connection so I assume editing that config file I unfortunately don't have would fix it?
By Crypto90
Your host system is linux? correct?
Your guest system (vps) is linux? correct?

Do you have access to toe host system? Or only to the guest system?

Try to set google dns settings inside the windows vps system (network card settings).

If you have access to the host system too, which runs linux, there always exist an /etc/resolv.conf file, on every linux system it exists.

The bot does not have this itself, it uses the network settings from the system.

The DNS/Nameserver settings do the work to resolve a domain to an numeric ip address, so this can slow down things with links yes.
youtube

Schauen wir uns an.

Der Vollständigkeit halber antworte ich hierz[…]

If nothing from above solves your issue, I can con[…]

Web UI not responding to browser

I tried public IP, LAN IP, and letting it bind to […]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!