Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

By Crypto90
Posts Custom Custom Avatar
Updated instructions: 10.10.2022

HOW TO CONNECT TO A DISCORD SERVER?
generate_discord_bot_token_clientid_10_2022.gif
generate_discord_bot_token_clientid_10_2022.gif (7.75 MiB) Viewed 112244 times
Step 1 [CREATING A DISCORD APPLICATION]:
Visit this LINK and login with your Discord account to create a Discord application.
- Click the "New Application" Button.
- Give your Bot a cool name (can be changed later).
- Click the "Create" button.
- Select a profile image (optional, you can skip this).

Step 2 [GETTING APPLICATION ID AND TOKEN]:
- Copy the shown Application ID.
- On the left menu navigate to "Bot" Click the "Add Bot" button and accept.
- Reset (to create) a new BOT Token and copy it.
- Make sure you disable public bot. (you create your own private bot which is not shared with anyone else!)
- Make sure you enable presence intent.
- Make sure you enable server members intent.
- Make sure you enable message content intent. (otherwise chat commands won't work!)
- Click the "Save Changes" button!

Step 3 [INVITE THE BOT APPLICATION TO YOUR SERVER]:
Now you have to invite your BOT to your Discord server.
invite_discord_bot_10_2022.gif
invite_discord_bot_10_2022.gif (1.61 MiB) Viewed 112248 times

Use this invite link and replace "YOUR_APPLICATION_ID_HERE" with your created APPLICATION ID you copied in step 2:
Code: Select all
https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize?permissions=0&scope=bot&client_id=YOUR_APPLICATION_ID_HERE
And invite your created BOT to your Discord server.

Step 4 [SAVE TOKEN + APPLICATION ID TO YOUR TS3MUSICBOT]:
For a private license purchased on ts3musicbot.net (if you run the software yourself):
The private license has a form to save the Discord BOT Token and Client ID (up to 6). The Discord TS3MusicBots, if you use 6 bots, they will be limited to connect to 1 Discord Server. If you want to connect multiple TS3MusicBots to multiple Discord servers, please use the commercial licenses.
TS3MusicBot_private_license_discord_token_form.PNG
TS3MusicBot_private_license_discord_token_form.PNG (255.61 KiB) Viewed 314849 times

For a commercial license purchased from ts3musicbot.net or if you rent your bot from a hosting partner (reseller):

For teamspeak servers, we normally save "IP:PORT" as a target address.
To let the TS3MusicBot connect to a Discord server, we will save "BOT_TOKEN:APPLICATION_ID" instead of the "IP:PORT".

In our example it would be:
Code: Select all
MzE2OTQzMzQ2NTU3Nzc5OTY4.DAcoCg.0ofvZovtqSUWzgUBkkcKTBZzPzs:316943346557779968
Now you can start your TS3MusicBot and it will connect to your discord server!
Attachments
generate_discord_bot_token_clientid.gif
generate_discord_bot_token_clientid.gif (1.23 MiB) Viewed 285321 times
By Kellero
Hi. I have one question. Is there a difference regarding the discord version instead of the teamspeak 3 version?
I want to host 2 bot, one for ts3 and one for discord, but i don't find enough documentation and i don't want to waste a bridge license. Anyone could help?
By Crypto90
Posts Custom Custom Avatar
Kellero wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:17 pm Hi. I have one question. Is there a difference regarding the discord version instead of the teamspeak 3 version?
I want to host 2 bot, one for ts3 and one for discord, but i don't find enough documentation and i don't want to waste a bridge license. Anyone could help?

It’s the same bot for both. It switches the mode automatically between teamspeak and discord, depending on if you set a ts ip/domain as a target server or if you set a token.
The bot uses by default teamspeak mode and checks if you set a token (very long > 45 chars and 2 dots). If it detects a token, the bot switches automatically into the discord client mode.

Target server for ts mode: ts_ip:port
Target server for discord mode: bot_token:application_client_id

Der Vollständigkeit halber antworte ich hierz[…]

If nothing from above solves your issue, I can con[…]

Web UI not responding to browser

I tried public IP, LAN IP, and letting it bind to […]

Hi. I have one question. Is there a difference r[…]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!